Are you passionate about animals, including humans? Want to be involved in the advancement of human healthcare and how it informs the dynamics of designing exotic animal healthcare facilities? Would you be comfortable learning how to design for a takin? Eager to learn every aspect of Architecture, gaining unique experiences in a boutique environment? If so, then you may be the perfect fit for our team!
DesignLeveL is a firm nationally recognized as a leader in adult, pediatric, and animal healthcare planning and design. Dedicated to creating functional and inspiring spaces, our mission is to improve the healing process, promote opportunities for quality patient care, and balance the potential of architecture to shape the human experience with the realities of building. Our projects are located across the United States, Canada, and the Middle East.
DesignLeveL is looking for a design professional eager to undertake the design, production, and delivery of architectural
projects while also learning about the function of operating an architecture firm. Working under the direction of the project
leader, responsibilities will include following a project through from conceptual design through construction administration.
Duties including but not restricted to detailing drawings, specification work, assisting with RFI’s, submittals, and field work will
be part of daily tasks. By exercising your strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you will work collaboratively with team
members in the pursuit of producing the quality of project documents DesignLeveL is come to be known for.
DesignLeveL is well established and growing. Here you’ll get the opportunity to work closely with clients, consultants, and
colleagues witnessing every aspect of project development and execution. Unlike larger firms where positions tend to be
siloed for employees, DesignLeveL also creates opportunities for its employees to grasp the full understanding of what it
takes to be awarded a project and see it through to completion. In addition to the traditional project design process
indicated above, you’ll be involved with marketing through project closeout, seeing the process in a much more wholistic
manner than what is typical at a large firm. Our aim is to exercise balance, harness creativity and critical thinking, and work
smarter, not harder.
- Assist the Project Architect with the design process from conceptual design through to construction administration.
- Understand and translate design intent into technical documents.
- Assist in implementing Revit technologies, methodologies and strategies for preconstruction and construction documents.
- Provide technical expertise to integrate Revit 3D models from design teams through design and construction.
- Project documentation, organization, and filing related to the project phase.
- Willingness to take initiative on assigned projects and tasks.
- Continuously learn new ways of working, including design techniques.
- Coordinate and lead communications between various design disciplines.
- Participate in communications and meetings including clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Participate in field work including measurement and documentation.
- Participate in construction field observations and production of punch lists.
- Facilitate internal and external communications.
- Participate in various administrative duties as assigned.
- High level of proficiency in Revit.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign preferred.
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Solid understanding of construction documentation, and the ability to coordinate this information with team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to produce accurate, quality documents within a scheduled timeframe
- Basic knowledge of sustainability and LEED guidelines.
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week.
- Must be comfortable asking questions concerning concepts, standards, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field (Master’s degree a plus).
- Minimum three years of experience in Revit (Building Information Modeling).
- Three to five years of experience in an architectural firm.
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Full-time, Monday through Friday
- Health insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Bonus and profit sharing – based on both personal and firm performance.
- Fun, creative, collaborative, unique and casual work environment!
Submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only —
combined size NOT to exceed 10MB. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please NO hard copies, drop-ins, or telephone calls.
|Location (City)||Columbus, OH|