Retail Design Principle
When it comes to great design, beauty and function are important. However, when you join Little you become part of a national team that digs deep to uncover design opportunities and craft solutions that go well beyond that. You will elevate client performance in meaningful ways and improve our world by thoughtfully implementing sustainable and regenerative design practices. You’ll create places that allow our communities to thrive. Ultimately, in this role you have the opportunity to create a better future for us all.
Little are one of the nation’s most progressive design firms and we’re seeking a Design Principal for our Retail Practice Group, based in our Charlotte, NC office. In this position, you will impact the quality of our work through positive leadership, a collaborative work style and deep design expertise. Working in a transdisciplinary team, you will lead the design of a wide range of project types and be responsible for listening to client goals, identifying challenges, crafting ideas, and executing solutions that deliver results.
A candidate we’ll love:
We’ve highlighted the primary areas of responsibility of the role below and invite you to spend a few minutes meeting members of the team you’ll be partnering with in this short video.
- Design leader. A talented designer and creative problem solver with deep retail design experience
- Thought Leader. A Registered Architect or Interior Designer with active involvement in industry- related organizations and/or recognition of award-winning designs
- Sustainable & Future-Thinker. Someone knowledgeable of and passionate about sustainable and regenerative design strategies and implementation
- Team Leader. A leader who is a champion for others and builds followership through empathetic listening, genuine care, and collaboration
- Great Communicator. Someone who listens, can simplify complex ideas and articulate them in a way that people understand
- Active Mentor. A teacher/mentor who can lead design while working with and developing the talents of others
- Continuous Learner. Someone who has knowledge of the latest design trends and technologies including working knowledge of the latest design software
- Culture Builder. Someone who enjoys the creative process, sharing their passion for design and who is driven to make a positive, meaningful impact on those around them
A position you’ll love:
- Elevating Performance. A rewarding opportunity to make a meaningful difference leading design in our Charlotte Office, partnering with our clients and project teams nationally.
- Contributing to Strategic Growth. Reputable track record building and sustaining relationships with client executives and developing and winning business opportunities
- Achieving Visibility. Engaging in thought leadership opportunities nationally to share breakthrough ideas & emerging industry trends
- Enhancing Design Culture. The chance to help shape the evolution of design within our firm by collaborating with designers & leaders in other offices
- Collaborating Across Disciplines. A diversely talented design firm highly ranked in the US with the backing of diverse in-house resources.
Ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications:
- At least 7 years of experience in the architecture & design industry;
- Deep retail design experience;
- Excellent Revit, Autocad, SketchUp and/or other design software skills.
Little is a place where you’ll surround yourself with colleagues who have different areas of expertise, are from different cultures and generations, and embody different talents, experiences, and passions. In fact, if you ask our employees what keeps them excited about coming to work each day, you’ll hear that it’s the people. It’s also our culture and the chance to be part of creating a better future through our work. We embrace a culture of teaching and learning through cross mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, talents, and interests and we strive to give each person exposure to the widest possible array of experiences. We care intensely about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of creativity and excitement in everyone around us. And, if wellness matters to you, you’ll be thrilled to know that you’ll be working in one of Charlotte’s first LEED and WELL Certified workspaces.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume, and examples of your professional design work for review.
Little is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Little prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Little is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com or a member of our HR Team.
|Application type||Online E-mail|
|Location (City)||Charlotte, NC|