Are you passionate about animals, including humans? Want to be involved in the advancement of human healthcare and how it informs the dynamics of designing exotic animal healthcare facilities? Would you be comfortable considering a penguin as one of your most important stakeholders? If so, then you may be a perfect fit for our team!
DesignLeveL is a firm nationally recognized as a leader in adult, pediatric, and animal healthcare planning and design. Dedicated to creating functional and inspiring spaces, our mission is to improve the healing process, promote opportunities for quality patient care, and balance the potential of architecture to shape the human experience with the realities of building. Our projects are located across the United States, Canada, and the Middle East.
DesignLeveL is seeking an experienced well-rounded passionate design professional with exceptional technical abilities who is eager to undertake the role of project architect. As an effective communicator and collaborator, you will be responsible for overseeing the detailing, coordination, and issuance of documents throughout each phase of design and construction. You will perform construction administration tasks as required, and coordinate project team members (consultants) as well as oversee supervision of internal staff. As a key member in the firm leading design development, production, and delivery of projects, the utilization of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and familiarity with AutoCAD will be vital. You will be expected to participate in meetings with project staff including clients, subconsultants, and/or contractors.
Our clients expect an exceptional level of quality, creative solutions, and responsiveness from our team. We maintain our
stellar reputation by consistently meeting those expectations. As a vital team member, you will be expected to assist in the
delivery of quality services on schedule and within budget. The following duties are typical of the position but are not all
· Production of project deliverables on projects ranging from departmental renovations to large scale new builds.
· Design, detailing, and specification writing on assigned projects.
· Construction administration including processing of submittals, RFI’s, site visits and other project documentation during construction.
· Ensure that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
· Building code/zoning analysis and review.
· Ensure that project documentation is in compliance with the standards set forth by DesignLeveL.
· Provide technical expertise to integrate BIM 3D models from design teams through design and construction.
· Understand and translate design intent into technical documents.
· Coordinate design and documentation of assigned projects with subconsultants and in-house staff.
· Consistently review work and communicate needs, concerns, and feedback to the project staff.
· Communicate regularly with the Project Manager and Principal regarding status of assigned projects throughout the design process, including bidding, permitting, and construction.
· Develop and refine cost estimates.
· Participate in team meetings, prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
· Participate in review of project costs, budgets, and adherence to schedules.
· Assist internal team with development of proposals, presentations, schedules, and budgets.
· Responsible for facilitating communication and coordination between clients, consultants, contractors, and internal team members throughout the project.
· Mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff.
· Foster a green work environment through sustainable work practices where possible.
· Strong working knowledge of design trends, construction techniques and methodologies, and materials application.
· Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
· Advanced knowledge of the QA/QC process.
· Proficiency in Revit preferred.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
· Basic knowledge of sustainability and LEED guidelines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Highly self-motivated.
· Organizational and administrative skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Ability to resolve issues that may arise in a team environment effectively and with empathy.
· Strong ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Physical ability to perform job activities including sitting, standing, climbing ladders, stairs, and lifts.
· Technical experience including knowledge of architectural design, details, interior architecture, exterior envelope, and corresponding documentation.
· Minimum ten years of experience in architectural practice.
· Professional degree in Architecture.
· Healthcare experience preferred but not required.
· Registered architect preferred.
· NCARB registration preferred.
· Exceptions may be based on equivalencies.
· Full-time, Monday through Friday.
· Part-time, times and days to be determined.
· Health insurance.
· Paid time off.
· Paid holidays.
· Bonus and profit sharing – based on both personal and firm performance.
· Fun, creative, collaborative, unique and casual work environment!
DesignLeveL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the practice of equality in employment for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or military veteran status.
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only — combined size NOT to exceed 15MB. Thank you for your interest.
|Location (City)||Columbus, OH|